On the opposite side of Aizpute castle ruins, on the right side of the river Tebra is the 16 meters high Kurshi castle mount (now church hill). In the year 1254, in the place where German crusaders robbed and ruined the ancient Kurshi castle, a castle was built. The Saint John evangelic Lutheran church has […]
Aizpute Baptist Parish was founded in 1869, its first priest, later also Latvian Baptist Parish bishop – Ādams Gertners, who was later kept in a prison in Aizpute and also Kuldīga. First church building was built in 1884, but after 8 years in 1892, with the pretence, that the Baptist church is too close to […]
The first Catholic church in Aizpute was built in 1254. In 1580’s because of the historical events it was made into a Lutheran church. In 1732 a dean named J Genner from Jelgava bought a house in Aizpute, in which he made a chapel for Catholics. After about a hundred years, this building was about […]
The Adventist church acquired their meeting house in 1993. Before that, the church building hosted Aizpute Orthodox church parish.
Address: Kalvenes iela 38a, Aizpute
Phone: (+371) 29720361
Aizpute Pentacostal Church is registrated in 1989. Until then, in the Soviet times, the parish operated in the parishes founder’s and first priests self-built house. In the same year the parish bought a house on Kalvenes street 12, which was rebuilt into a church and already in 9th December of 1990 the church unveiling service took place. In 2000 the parish bought a building in Kalvenes iela 10 in which a bigger hall was constructed for the parishes services.
Address: Kalvenes iela 12, Aizpute
Cīrava Lutheran Church was built in baron H.F. Von Bera time from 1780 till 1781un Sudmalkalns (a hill). From the outside it was similar to other churches of Kurzeme with its pyramid shaped tower, red tile roof and massive brick walls. The altar and pulpit is a rococo style piece of art(author is unknown).
Apriķi church is considered to be the pearl of Courland sacral art, because the glory of its indoor interior is remembered by its every visitor. The stone church is built on Apriķi manor house land as Osten-Sakenu private church in the beginning of 17th century. The church got its glorious blue-white and golden coloured interior […]
Valtaiķi church is 5 kilometres away from Kazdanga castle and even if nowadays territorially it is in Kuldīga County, it is very connected with Kazdanga. As soon as in 1792 a stone church was built, from the outside it was very simple and similar to other churches in Courland. The church of Valtaiķi is outstanding […]
Klostere St. Peter church once belonged to the church of Aizpute. In 1591 in church archives is written that Aizpute parish has a small church near Piltene, but belongs to Aizpute. The small wooden church has been located on a hillside near Jāmaiķi manor and where the roads were crossing. In 1792 was built stone […]