The stone bridge, which was built in 1840, leads to Kazdanga manor at the end of an alley of linden trees and crosses a ravine. The bridge is populary called the “Bridge of sighs” (Latvian: Vaidu tilts). Why sighs? It is because a lot ot tears, sweat and blood were shed when the bridge was built. The top of the bridge has small granite columns with iron shains and ornaments. Currently visible chains are sais to have been used on ships. A fragment of chain from the barons’ period is on display in the Kazdanga manor museum.
Address: At the end of Pils gatve, Kazdanga
GPS: 56.733296, 21.733234