Cavalier House and Granary

kavalieru nams-klets

Kazdanga castle was built simultaneously with two granaries on its sides where one was later turned into a cavaliers’ house. This building preservesthe peculiar circular stairs that lead up to the attic. Yhe interior is decorated by a genre mural “Kazdanga 1888. To the market” painted by to Latvian artists L. Gintere and F. Kirke in 1976 in the tempera technique. Classicism style parquet is preserved on the first floor of the building.

Address: Jaunatnes gatve 1, Kazdanga
Phone: (+371) 28616717, (+371) 29103813
Web page: www.kazdangaspils.com